Hey, I'm a discussion with my roommate about princesses. The main point of the argument is whether princesses (specifically Disney's) should be a realistic role model for women. She's arguing princesses encourage women to just find a prince, and never fight for themselves. So, I was wondering what your opinion on the matter is :)
Princesses ARE role models for girls/women, and with all their flaws they’re realistic so girls can relate to them.
I highly disagree with your roommate, they didn’t just ‘find their prince’ and ‘never fought for themselves’, it’s totally the other way around ! Snow White stayed positive against all the odds, and she didn’t really need saving, the prince didn’t go into a battle for her, it was just pure love that woke her up, all the actions she takes through out the movie are all positive and i can’t think of any bad thing she did (anyone say she lived with 7 men and i’ll punch the wall) Cindy, she fell in love without knowing he was the prince, she stayed as a maid not because she’s obedient but because she knows what’s best for her and SHE fought for herself to meet the prince. Aurora, she didn’t argue with her aunts, that shows respect not weakness. Ariel, well it’s obvious that she actually fought a lot not only for her prince, but for her dreams as well, she saved him and he saved her. Belle, SHE SAVED HIS BUTT. Jasmine, Jasmine is so far away from being the typical (i need a prince to save me) kinda princess, she has sass and strength in her personality. Pocahontas, SHE SAVED IS BUTT, AND STOPPED A WAR. Mulan, SHE SAVED CHINA. Tiana, she actually gave up her dream to stay with Naveen, i seriously can’t see how HE saved HER. Rapunzel, WELL, we all know what happened there, she was willing to give up her freedom for him, so……yeah. Merida, what prince ?
I found this from Gloria Nava on youtube and decided it would be a fun way to pass the time~ SO HERE WE GO GUYS
1. Favorite candle scent? My favorite candle scent probably has to be apple pie. It just smells so nice and makes me feel all warm inside~
2. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate? Coffee in the morning, but hot chocolate nearly all of the time. I have been drinking it constantly and I’m sure it’s a health problem but idgaf y’all
3. What’s the best fall memory you have? Honestly, I don’t really know. Fall is my favorite because everything happens then! It’s my birthday, most of my family/friends have fall birthdays, and two of my favorite holidays happen! So I don’t really have a specific memory, just love for the season.
4. Which makeup trend do you prefer: dark lips or winged eyeliner? Winged eyeliner, even though I can never seem to do it properly.
5. Best fragrance for fall? Um, I don’t really know…I wear whatever lololol
6. Favorite Thanksgiving food? Green bean casserole! I LOVE it and will eat the whole dish by myself if I’m allowed.
7. What is autumn weather like where you live? It really depends. When it’s good, it’s nice and breezy and it smells like leaves everywhere, and sometimes it rains a bit. When it’s bad, it’s chilly, too windy and too wet. But I live in the great MO where our weather is always changing.
8. Most worn sweater? I have this super-duper cute powder blue sweater that I bought from a vintage thrift store a few months back. It was originally a man sweater, but I wear grandpa clothes all of the time so it doesn’t phase me.
9. Must-have nail polish this fall? This LOVELY glitter polish that reminds me of sand. It’s from the brand Pure Ice, and is called Bare It All.
10. Football games or jumping in leaf piles? Leaf piles! But only if they’re dry…
11. Skinny jeans or leggings? Both, but mostly leggings. They’re super cute and I can wear my long grandpa sweaters with them!
12. Combat boots or Uggs? I have both, (sorry) but I LOVE combat boots. Match them with a baggy sweater and leggings, and you’ve got my daily fall outfit.
13. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype? Yes? No? Idk, really. I’ve never actually had it.
14. Favorite fall TV show? I didn’t know that there were fall TV shows…? I don’t watch TV much any more anyway.
15. What song really gets you into the fall spirit? I have multiple! September, by Earth, Wind & Fire Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood The whole soundtrack of Nightmare Before Christmas, and nearly every Christmas song ever because I pretty much start listening to it once November hits.
if we’re friends!! don’t apologize about talking about ur problems or anything ok if we’re friends i love when u talk about anything i love when u tell me things i love to know about ur life okay i love YOU
“Except you can’t show a topless woman on TV - and you can’t defibrillate a woman in a bra. So victims of heart attacks on TV are *always* male. Did you know that a woman having a heart attack is more likely to have back or jaw pain than chest or left arm pain? I didn’t - because I’ve never seen a woman having a heart attack. I’ve been trained in CPR and Advanced First Aid by the Red Cross over 15 times in my life, the videos and booklets always have a guy and say the same thing about clutching his chest and/or bicep.
And people laugh when I tell them women are still invisible in this world.”—